They did have fun once they got to Charlottesville. Josh had a blast seeing his grandparents, playing with cousins, and getting on-on-one Dad time.
They left early Sunday morning to drive home and got as far as Nashville. It turns out Nashville was flooded. The roads were closed and Tom spent hours driving around trying to get home. When he realized that it was futile, he looked for a hotel to stay in. No hotels anywhere. Tom and Josh got to sleep in the new truck in a gas station parking lot along with a lot of other stranded motorists.
It wasn't the fun weekend Tom envisioned for Josh, but I think Josh still had fun. He never complained. It was a great adventure.
I think that sometimes, as long as we adults keep our complaints to ourselves, kids will make a good time out of something we view as a disaster. I'm so glad Josh has a great attitude. I love that kid!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you moved just in time for all the fun. I hope you don't get to much more crazy weather. I'm happy to hear Tom & Josh made it home safe.
ReplyDeleteSometimes when your plans just don't go right, it makes the best memories!
ReplyDelete