We lived in a hotel for two months with 5 kids! That was an experience I hope to not do again. We ended up staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott. They were awesome. Everyone was so nice. Dorris was in charge of the food. She reminded me so much of Consuelo. She loved my kids and was always so nice to them. Ramona cleaned our room everyday. She gave Megan a stuffed monkey one day. Megan loves that animal. Everyone who worked there was so friendly. We had a pool until the beginning of October. That was great. I loved someone cleaning my bathroom everyday. Never dirty. I didn't do a whole lot of cooking for 2 months. That was awesome too. The cons? We lived in a hotel for two months with 5 kids! It was really hard on them. I put a ton of miles on my car driving the kids to school and back and running errands everyday. I had to fill up my van every two to three days. I'm glad we are now settled in our house. We also weren't planning on staying long term in a hotel so I didn't pack properly. Luckily, I had them bring their backpacks with us. We had to buy pants, and coats once we got here.
Here are some pictures of our house. This is for you mom. I know you keep asking for pictures.
This is our living room. Beautiful hardwood floors throughout the house. The lady left me her lace drapes. They came down pretty quickly.
This is our kitchen. That is all the cabinets we have. There is a little on the other side of the fridge that you can't see in this picture. We have our table in there but we can't put the leaf in it.
This is the dining room off the living room.
Bedroom
Teal bedroom. Walls, trim, baseboards. Luckily the ceiling wasn't teal.
Master bathroom. That is a 19 inch vanity. It's even smaller than our vanity in our California house.
Master bedroom. Painted wallpaper. Lovely. Not sure what to do about the walls because they are in really rough shape. There are nails popping out underneath the wallpaper all over. The seams are all showing.
Bedroom
Lovely red carpet with peach walls. We ripped the carpet out of the bedrooms already. Since it's so cold here in the winter, I would like to put new carpet back in.
Sorry this one is sideways. That is our pink bathroom. Nice and manly for three boys. Grace loves it. We painted her room a nice soft pink and she cried because she wanted it to be bright pink. I didn't see that one coming. I will look for material with a brighter pink in it for curtains. Maybe that will make it better.
Family Room
Laundry room
Half bath
Basement / play room
Awesome storage off the basement. We have a place for food storage that isn't in my closet or the garage!!!!
Our house. It is very pretty here with all the trees. We have a million leaves in our yard and I am not exaggerating. We have been raking leaves each week. We fill up our five trash cans and then fill up these big paper bags. We had eight two weeks ago. The next week we filled up the five trash cans from the same spot in the front as the week before. We have 1/2 an acre still to do.
The kids are starting to adjust which is good. It just always takes awhile when you're older.
No comments:
Post a Comment