Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Break

Holy Moly, it's been a long time since I posted.  I have so much to catch up on.  

 For Spring Break we decided to go back to Orange Beach, Alabama.  It wasn't as warm as two years ago but it was sunny enough for the kids to still get burned.  The water in the gulf is still warmer than an August day in California.




 The kids had fun burying each other in the sand. Grace wanted to be a mermaid each time.

 Megan wasn't too sure about the sand at first.  Thankfully she didn't try eating it like some of my other kids have done.




 Mermaid girl

 There were a few days when the waves were big but the rest of the time it was perfect for Grace to wade out in the water by herself.

 Here is Grace taking all the toys and driftwood she could find to make herself a "campfire".
 This is her tent she made.




 Here is the only proof that I was at the beach.  One of the kids took this picture.  The kids played in their bathing suits.  I was in a sweatshirt.  It really was pleasant almost everyday.  There were only two days that were on the chilly side.


 So much fun.  I miss being close to a beach.  Nine hours is too far.  We had a blast.  It was a fun vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! Don't you just love that you are always the one behind the camera, so there are never any pictures of yourself?! That's how I always feel. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you has suh a good time! Great pictures! Makes me wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the pictures of the family - miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the pictures of the family - miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete