We had our annual scout cake auction fundraiser in March. The boys really love "making" the cakes. Jack and Josh both had to have a cake, and of course, Jack made sure that I had my own cake as well. We had a busy week so it was hectic getting three cakes made but we did it.
Jack decided on an Oreo cake. He thought it was so unique since there weren't any of those last year. I guess other people had the same idea because there were three oreo cakes. Jack's was the best. He was very proud of his cake.Josh wanted to make a Red Wolves cake since that is the mascot for ASU here in our town. I thought I could just go to Hobby Lobby and find a wolf cake pan. No such luck. We had to get a little creative. He did a great job decorating his cake.
I made my chocolate mousse cake. This is the third time I have made it. Big hit.
The young men's president said he would pay $100 for a Chuck Norris cake. Someone in my ward constructed Chuck Norris doing a high kick out of Rice Krispies. It was awesome. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. The YM President kept his promise. He went home with some very expensive Rice Krispies. People were very generous this year. There were over 50 desserts to bid on. I can't wait to see what people come up with next year.


Your family makes the best cakes ever!!! Wish I'd been there to bid on them. Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteThese look great! Will you post the recipes? Glad you had so much fun!
ReplyDeletei just got caught up on all your latest posts. so fun! it's still funny to me that you ended up with 2 girls and i ended up with 2 boys. no longer the "girl" allen or the "boy" allens, are we?
ReplyDelete