Grace is such a "good" helper lately. Since we were feeding the missionaries on Saturday, I had Jack wiping down the dishwasher, fridge and stove. Grace wanted to help as well so I gave her the bottle of windex and told her to clean the glass in the doors. She was very happy to do this job. Next thing I know I look over at Grace who was now in the dining room. She was windexing all the plates I had set out for dinner. We had to hurry and wash them all before the missionaries arrived. Of course my kids had to tell the missionaries that story. Just what they want to hear as they are about to sit down to eat.
Since Jack's birthday was this week, we hadn't had time to have his birthday dinner so we were having it on Saturday. Grace really wanted to help Jack blow out his candles on his ice cream cake. She was very eager to help. We all watched as she drooled / spit / blew out the candles. Yuck! That was our dessert. I told the missionaries they didn't have to eat it. I served from the other side of the pan, but still - disgusting. They all ate a piece - shockingly. I don't think I would have. I guess that is the true test of a good missionary - being polite. The missionaries must cringe when they see they are signed up to come to our house for dinner. Last time the house reeked. This time it was spit upon dessert. Those poor missionaries. Life is never dull in our house.
Those missionaries will be just fine! They need to experience some disgusting meals on their mission. So when they return home and someone asks, "What was the worst thing you had to eat on your mission?" They can reply, "A cake spit on by a little girl!" :D I'm sure they were just grateful to get a good meal. And if not, they need some humbling!
ReplyDeleteI remember a few other children who did the same thing on my birthday cake!!!!
ReplyDelete