Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Moving Day

Hooray! We finally get to move into our house. Living in a two bedroom apartment with six people was interesting. I'm glad it was only for a month. I'm sure Jack will be glad to sleep in a bed again. This is apparently the only picture I've taken of our house. Yes, it's a house. We aren't in a shack or a barn in Arkansas.
Tom and Grace check out the moving van.
Whoever designed this house didn't have kids in mind. When we looked at this house, I told Tom that it wouldn't take very long for our kids to break that window on the landing of the stairs. Luckily that hasn't happened yet but I have caught the boys launching toys (including a robot) down the stairs and hitting the window.
This is the boys' contribution to moving in. At least they kept Grace entertained for awhile. The boys were so excited to come home from school to our new house.

So this is the lovely orange walls in our office. The kitchen is the same color (including the ceiling). Sorry if you like orange. It's just not my favorite color. I'm sure I'll be painting soon.

6 comments:

  1. so fun to see you guys in the blogosphere! I can't believe how grown up your boys look. I love your house and look forward to keeping up with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! I'm so proud of you for trying. We can't believe your house. The orange isn't that bad. What color are you going to paint it? Grace looks so much bigger. We miss you, but it looks like you are all having tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the prettiest barn I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and your house is beautiful! I like the orange - give it a try! How is Arkansas? We miss you guys in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! YOu have a blog!!! I keep wanting to call you, but realize you are much later than us and don't want to wake you.
    Your house is gorgeous. The walls may be orange, but the woodwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the house it is so cute and BIG!. I miss you guys and think of you all the time. Yesterday was are 1st softball game . Paula and I looked at each other and said we miss Janae. Grace has gotten so big since you left. We miss you . I don't have your email address so here is mine dbrand5@sbcglobal.net. When you have some free time lets email. I'm so happy your bloging.

    ReplyDelete